-->

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Immortals (2011) (English) (Mini Review)


           Director : Tarsem Singh
           Genre    : Fantasy, Action, Drama
           Cast       : Henry Cavill, Mickey Rourke, John Hurt and Freida Pinto

       When you see the words 'From the producers of 300' on a movie's poster,you expect a lot.But what if you see (literally) the same kind of flick with super stylishly choreographed fights and awesome use of computer generated imagery...?
       This fantasy movie named 'Immortals' is loosely based on Greek mythology and was badly panned by many critics for boring story telling.And yes they are right.The only and only good thing in this movie is CG.Computer generated sets and some visual effects are really good and amazing in some scenes.The movie's look and feel reminds you of  '300' and even the climax strongly takes you back to the '300' memories.I will suggest you to avoid this movie on theaters and watch it when it comes on a DVD.

1 comment:

Damon said...

I heard many things about this movie and wanted to wait until there were reviews before I watched it. It is a very popular movie because there is quite a wait for it. I may just head to the Blockbuster store and check out the Blu-Ray from there. I like having Blockbuster @Home because it gives me the option to stream different movies to my laptop or iPad anywhere I am even if I’m not at home, such as at DISH where I work or in the library waiting for class to start. Greek mythology movies are some of my favorite movies, and now I can’t wait to see this one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...